Surprisingly simple ways to set yourself up for long-term marketing success
by John DePutter, February 25, 2020
When it comes to commodity marketing, most farmers are not happy with the results they generate. There are two reasons for this:
- Some people are not happy because they are not good marketers.
- Some people are actually very good marketers but don’t know it.
Now, farmers of all ages can change these things. Anyone can improve their marketing skills and their understanding of success.
By Fred Evans – February 22, 2017
The idea for this blog was hatched following a discussion within our office about an apparent lack of interesting by many young farmers to learn about futures markets and price risk management.
We asked ourselves a few questions:
– Will the next generation of farmers have the same depth of understanding about commodity futures as the outgoing generation?
– Are farmers as willing to hedge grain with futures contracts and use basis contracts now as they were nearly forty years ago?
– How has the industry changed over the years?
– What can we learn from the past?
In this article, we’ll explore these questions through an examination of the evolution of futures trading.