DePutter Publishing is searching for analysts, researchers and writers with a passion for agriculture and a proven track record in commodities markets. If you think you’d be a good fit for the DePutter team, please get in touch. Check out our current positions
Commodity Market Researcher
DePutter Publishing seeks a market researcher who will provide our team with agricultural commodities data, analysis, and graphical information. This role is instrumental in giving our customers the clear, accurate information their businesses depend on.
Is this job for you?
What you’ll need to ace this job
You will have super-sharp statistical management skills, well-honed data researcher capabilities, an interest in commodity markets, and a passion for helping farmers and other agribusinesses.
You’ll help us turn data into meaningful conclusions that help our customers improve their profitability.
Production skills are key: you will help ensure all our communications are clear, useful and accurate by applying polish and precision to every graph, chart, table and presentation you make.
Written skills are also essential: you may love numbers but you also know that words are important in telling the story. Excel wizardry is a plus!
You will be keen to learn our process for providing market information while also bringing your own entrepreneurial spirit and proactive ideas to the job every day.
You will be instrumental in helping our business run efficiently and ensuring that we deliver on our customers’ expectations every single day.
And of course, you’ll have a background in agriculture and a passion for helping farmers succeed.
- Gather and archive data such as cash prices and key world market fundamental data.
- Present charts, graphs and analytical information drawn from various sources.
- Work with senior analysts to learn and apply the DePutter framework and processes for market analysis.
- Translate data from statistical reports and provide implications and analysis.
- Contribute to newsletters and presentations with both writing and visuals.
- Participating in the entrepreneurial culture with big ideas and with the various daily tasks that need doing. Working as a team is how our office runs!
Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in two or more of the following:
- Market research or analysis
- Commodity futures research/analysis
- Futures trading
- Agricultural risk management
- Agricultural market decision making
- Cash grain trading
- Western Canada grain, oilseed or specialty crop marketing
Proven track record involving:
Synthesizing complex information and forming clear, concise conclusions
Exceptional writing skills (applicants will be tested)
The location for this position is London, Ontario Canada.
To seize this opportunity, email your resume with a detailed cover letter, to:
Ranulf Glanville: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those who are chosen for interviews will be contacted.